What makes you tick?

That simple itch, that feeling in your bones you cannot shake.  That thing that makes you feel like you're in the right place at the right time.  Your reason for existence.  Why you get up in the morning.  The thing that you will do anything for.  Your purpose.
We all have one.  We are all placed on this planet, living in this universe for a reason.  We are creating, living, breathing, multiplying and conquering.  We aren't here by mistake.  We aren't an accident.  Everything that has happened up until this point of your life is for a reason.  You are the reason. 

It sometimes can take us up to a decade to figure this out, in fact, some people never really get it.  The point is here, is that we all have a purpose in life.  Whether it is something like being a parent, a CEO of a company, developing your own company, changing the world, being a blogger, being a yogi, being a teacher, being a lover...whatever it may be we all have a purpose, we are all valuable in this big infinite, yet small, world. 

What drives you? What makes you feel powerful and meaningful? What makes you feel like you are on top of the world? What are you living for? These are all questions that you may ask yourself, questions that aren't always easy to answer, questions that you may not quite yet know the answer to.  Finding your purpose isn't something that we all take lightly.  The key factor in all of this, is that you do something that you are passionate about.  You do something that ignites your flame. 

My purpose? My purpose is to make people feel good.  To inspire, to value, to love, to create, to design and to change my world and hope that my world changes the entire world; big or small.  I teach yoga and I write.  Those two things I am passionate about.  They make me feel good.  They make me feel alive, happy, excited, valuable, safe.  They make me feel like in some form or another that I am making a small difference in not just my life, but someone else's life too. 

I tend to practice what I teach.  If something is happening in my life, I tend to create my lesson plans around it.  That helps me get through what I am going through, but also helps me become more of a compassionate human being.  So as I sit here and write on this beautiful Tuesday afternoon, I ask you, what is your purpose?

Comments

Popular Posts