What are you grateful for?

For me, the past few days have been exactly what I have needed.  They have been fulfilled, they have been warm, they have been up and they have been down.  They have been relaxing, hard working, kind and considerate, loving and grateful.  I find every once in a while I need a few days to catch up and do and be exactly what I feel and when I feel.  Life can be overwhelming, challenging, exciting and busy, so for me, it is really important to take a few steps back in order to gain miles.
Whenever I am feeling down or disconnected from others I get really hard on myself.  I question everything, I worry or dwell, sometimes even feel sad.  But then I realize that I have so much more than what was in my past.  So much more than what I used to be or what I used to have.  I needed these days, these days to reflect and regain purpose.  It is so easy to get lost, but so important to be present. 

I am so grateful for the people in my life.  The people who stay no matter what.  The people who challenge me and accept me for who I am.  I am wonderfully grateful for my family.  Always supportive and always there.  I am grateful for my life, my home and my ability to try to always see the light even in the dark.  I am really truly grateful for the last few years which have been challenging, rewarding, difficult and wonderful, sad and joyful, fun and exciting and most importantly exactly what I have needed.

Thank you for everything you do; your work never goes unnoticed.
Thank you for challenging me; your challenges are always accepting.
Thank you for your kindness and compassion; our world needs more of it.
Thank you for your rain; washing away all of the debris.
Thank you for the sunshine; radiating through the clouds.
Thank you for storms; because they too, are just as beautiful.
Thank you for loving me and accepting me, flaws and all. 
Thank you for always supporting me and having my back; everyone needs that.

As this weekend comes to an end I am really truly grateful.  What are you grateful for?

Comments

Popular Posts