Finding Freedom Within

There was a time I once felt trapped. I felt as though I couldn't be free to be who I wanted, speak the words true to my heart, or dream the way I wanted to without feeling stuck or judged. I felt as though my entire world was moving forward and I was the only one in the same place. I got lost and I couldn't quite figure out how to get back or find a new place of freedom. I wasn't quite sure how I was living, but I was living day to day as if it were how I was taught. 

I found myself many times on my mat finding the most wonderful place of freedom. I could be whomever I wanted to be on my mat and feel accepted, loved and unique. I could choose which way my practice lead me gentle, soft, hard and purposeful. It didn't matter which class I would take or if I practiced on my own, I finally felt freedom. I felt it within each pose, and yes, even the most uncomfortable and difficult. I felt it in my heart and in my mind. 

I started to close my eyes and there too I felt it. I felt this most wonderful sensation throughout my entire body. I was free to think all of the thoughts, I was free to let them all go. I was free on how much time I sat still and how much time I breathed. I felt different things each time I closed my eyes. Finally, I felt freedom within. 

Freedom doesn't come from things or other people. Finding freedom comes from within. So on the days you are feeling lost, the days you are feeling stuck or trapped, or the days where you feel like the entire world is moving except for you, find your practice. Be still, sit in your stillness. Move your body, find a place of discomfort and stay there. Finding freedom isn't always going to be easy, but once you find it, it is impossible for you to never feel it again. 


Comments

Popular Posts