Abundance vs Scarcity

I don't know how many times I hear people often saying I wish I had more or I wish instead of having this I had this. Our way of thinking has been programmed to think of what we are lacking instead of what we are thriving in.  We need to stop thinking about what we don't have and start thinking about what we do have.

I hear this often in my home or while I am at work or even during a gathering of friends and family.  I hear everyone focus on not having enough money to retire, not having enough money to buy more materialistic things, I hear others talking about how they wish they had more passion and love in their relationship with their spouses, I hear people saying they wish they took time to slow down and enjoy the small things, I hear people talk about how they wish they had time to go back to school and focus on themselves.  I hear the words over and over again.  What about the things you do have? What happened to us thinking about how lucky we are to have the things we do in our lives?

Take a look around the world imagine that you have no home and no roof over your heads.  Imagine that instead of going to the grocery store and buying your meat and produce that you had to actually search for them in fields and forests. We take our every day lives for granted of what we actually do have in abundance where others have nothing.

Today I ask you to take five minutes out of your day to stop and think about what you do have.  Start focusing on all of the positive things in your life instead of the things you don't have. The more positive thinking you have the more positive energy gets attracted towards you.  Think about how lucky you are to have instead of haven't.

Take this snowy, chilly Sunday to dwell in all of the wonderful things that your life has.

For me, I am so grateful today for my Sunday morning with my kids carving pumpkins.  I am happy to have a roof over my head to keep me warm and safe.  I am so grateful for the food in my fridge and the health in our home.  I am grateful for my yoga clients and my yoga classes.  I am happy to be living in a small town with potential.  I am grateful for all of my friends near and far.  I am lucky to have a loving and supportive family.  I am thankful that at the age of 17 t hat I met my soulmate (even during the darkest of times).  I am grateful to be able to express how I feel and not be afraid of the outcomes.  I am thankful for my freedom and my country.

So I am asking you as you sit here and read all of the things that I am grateful for what are you?

Comments

Popular Posts