How bad do you want it?

Remember when you were a kid and you really wanted that toy that everyone else had? You just couldn't live without it and your entire life as a kid revolved around figuring out how to convince your parents to buy it for you or how to come up with the money to pay for it yourself. It was something you thought was so important and would make you extremely happy if you got it. The funny thing is, we still do all that as adults.
A house, a car, that dress at the mall, the shoes or that really beautiful cottage on the lake; we are always on the search for that thing that will make us happy.  Materialistic things may make us happy for a brief moment or short term but then we are on to the next thing searching, wanting and "needing." The thing is, do materialistic things make us happy or is that just what we think makes us happy?

I am so fortunate with the life that I am living. I own a beautiful home, drive a working car, have money to buy nourishing foods, two spirited kids, a loving husband and I am teaching others what I am most passionate about. All of those things are what I really wanted and really needed in my life.  I worked so hard at getting what I wanted.  Don't get me wrong, I would really love a cottage but those types of wants aren't truly what will make me happy forever, they'll temporarily make me happy.

The million dollar question is how badly do you want it? Will you give up something? How many long days will you put in? How much will it cost you financially? Will you be happy in the end? We all talk about what we really want in our lives but most of us sit back and dream about it instead of living it. We think maybe one day it will be handed to us on a silver platter, or we expect others to work hard for what we want.  It should be the opposite.  If you really want something what is it going to take for you to get it? Think back to when you were a kid.  What is one thing that you really wanted and did you just get it out of coincidence?

We live in a world where we think we have all of this time to really get out of life what we want.  Truthfully, we don't have enough time.  Our time is so limited in this universe that we have to make every moment count.  So again, I ask you, how badly do you want it?

Comments

Popular Posts