Balance

Ah, finding balance.  Something we all yearn for and something we all need in our lives, in yet, somehow we make things so complicated enough that we end up losing balance and getting off track.  Easier said than done.  Finding balance can be quite a challenge. 
For me it isn't always easy balancing.  I have lots of wonderful things happening in my life with work, family and friends that sometimes I get a little off track and end up somewhere along the where the fuck are you road and realize that this train needs to get back on track. I turn to yoga and meditation and that usually helps steer me in the right direction. 

Time.  Balancing our time in this insanely need to keep busy society has trouble on its own.  Taking the time to sit back and really look at what is taking up so much or so little of your time. For myself I tend to ask the question "is this important enough for me to be missing out on something I love." Or "is this making me happy". It is so valuable to take a step back or set aside your own time to reevaluate how you are spending your days. 

Whom we surround ourselves with, what we do during our down time, and how we schedule in things is all part of life right? So why are we spending time doing things we hate? Why are we surrounding ourselves with people who are essentially wasting our time? Why are we constantly waiting for the right time instead of just doing things now?

The moment I step onto my mat and turn inwards I gain time.  Valuable, essential, every day needed time.  That is the time where I reflect but mostly the time where I spend with myself and my practice.  Allowing me to forget my to-do lists and just be in the present moment.  It keeps me on track with balance, allows me to stay grounded and most importantly keeps me connected.  Connected to what I love the most and a gentle reminder of how I should be spending my time. 

So, I ask you, how are you spending your time and at the end of the day is it valuable and are you where you want to be?

Namaste.

Comments

Popular Posts