Staying Connected

Two very powerful words; staying connected.  There are days where that task seems impossible or daunting, and days where you feel more connected than ever.  In a busy world full of google and social media at our fingertips it is so easy to become disconnected and lost.  We lose touch of ourselves, our wants, our needs, our desires and our purposes.  We tend to go through our lives as if we were going through the regular motions.  I ask you this, what does staying connected mean to you?
For me, staying connected means staying connected to my true self.  For allowing myself to do what makes me feel good.  If I don't, I can feel it physically, emotionally and mentally.  I start to disconnect from myself and others and realize that at the end of the day I am only hurting myself. It doesn't matter if I take ten minutes or two hours, it is imperative for my well being to find that time to connect.

Throughout the last decade I have been trying to figure that all out; how to stay connected to myself.  It wasn't up until the last year I really understood those terms.  Sure I have been a practicing yogi for the last four years and yes I have taken a 200 hour teacher training program but just lately I have truly understood the meaning of staying connected to myself and what it does to me physically, emotionally and spiritually. 

I have began to open up to my actual desires a lot easier without feeling guilt.  I have been able to speak loud and clearly when needed without feeling shushed or unheard.  I have been able to express myself in a healthier way instead of holding back and holding in.  I have been able to feel vulnerable without feeling anxious.  Sure there are days for me when I lose that connection and I go out of my own practice but those are the days where I need that reminder to keep connecting and stay connected always. 

Teaching yoga has always been my desire and I know that one day I will own my own studio and be able to teach full time.  I want others to feel the way that I have felt just by practicing yoga.  I want to be able to help others during their darkest of days and their lightest of days.  I want to be able to change my community around me, by helping each other stay connected.  When we connect to ourselves we are able to connect more clearly and better with those around us. 

The connection to yourself, for yourself can be done in many ways; for me, meditation, pranayama and yoga are ways to help me connect to myself and a higher purpose in life.

So I ask you again, what is it that you want to connect to in your life and how will you make it happen?

Comments

Popular Posts