Inspiration

Do you ever wonder where your inspiration comes from? Perhaps it comes from within, from others or maybe even it comes from something unexpected in your life? Inspiration is an incredible thing. It is everywhere and sometimes in the least expected places is where we find our most inspiration. According to google inspiration means the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative. the drawing in of breath; inhalation. 
I find that the more I pay attention to what inspires me the more I see it and feel it. I am talking about that bone chilling, goose-bumping arm hair kind of inspiration. I've had the honor of teaching children's yoga and at first I wasn't really sure if it was for me.  I was hesitant if I was going to be good enough for at teacher for them. Was I going to teach them something? Would they get bored? Every weekend I am with these children they inspire me. 8 year old kids and I am the one they are inspiring?! Call me crazy but I just cannot help but be proud of these children. 

Dark times. That is definitely somewhere to dig and find some sort of inspiration. It most certainly isn't easy, in fact most people want to hide from the dark days but lately I have seen more light in the dark than I normally would.  For example, we recently struggled big time at a corporate work environment AKA my pretend job (not my kind of work I'd like to spend my days doing). Most of us came to work dreading the day, miserable and leaving work feeling defeated and frustrated.  We had a leader who the only person was leading was herself. Selfish, cruel and vindictive. None of us felt we had a voice or that anyone really listened to us. About a year in with this so called "leader" it got me really thinking is this really where I want to be, am I really going to retire here? Luckily for me these dark days turned into a beautiful lesson for me. I began treating myself how I wanted this "leader" to treat me. I worked hard on deciding where I wanted to be in the next twenty years in my life. I was lucky enough to find some light in the dark; I dug deep into  yoga and the more I dug the happier I became. Almost as though layers were peeling away. 

Inspiration is anywhere. It is up to you to choose whether or not you want to be inspired. No matter what all I've wanted to do is be inspiring. I thought about how amazing it would be for people to feel inspired by me. But then I realized I am inspiring. I can inspire others and most importantly I can find inspiration within.  The more I watch and learn from others the more inspired I am. The more I see inspiration the more I believe in inspiration. 

So you see...inspiration can come from within. It can come on the darkest of days, the sunniest hours, the foggy and the clear. You just have to believe it is there. So I ask this of you, where does your inspiration come from? 

Comments

Popular Posts