But what about me

Lately I feel like I have been so caught up in the way others are thinking, feeling, saying, doing that I have neglected to take care of myself.  I have forgotten what is most important to me, it's me. I have been so consumed in what everyone else is feeling and now it is me, myself, that is the one that is suffering in the end. Our world has conflict everywhere we go.  Whether it is the streets, the stores, the buses, the airports, the work environments or even our own homes.  Everyone else always seems to have something else going on in their lives that I sometimes get caught up in it and forget that it is me that needs to worry about me.  No one else is responsible for the way I feel, no one else is responsible for the way I treat others, no one else is responsible for my reactions to situations, no one else is responsible but me.  Now more than ever I need to take responsibility.

I have completely forgotten to tune up or check in on my own wants and needs.  I am always thinking of others, always watching what I say; did I say too much or not enough? I always focus on everyone else around me, making sure they are happy, making sure they are receiving what exactly it is they are searching for.  No one else around me is taking that time for me. I am responsible for that; not my husband, not my friends, not my co-workers, not my children or family, I am. 

If I take the time to connect with my feelings, emotions, physical well-being I am then the happiest.  It is extremely important for you to focus on yourself.  What is that saying...happy wife happy life? I could not disagree with this statement any more than what most believe.  Your husband is not responsible for your happiness, you are.   If I am having regular checkups with myself it is then I realize that if I am happy, the people around me will be too.  If I am miserable, everyone else follows suit.  I get it, not every situation works out this way.  There are days where I walk into a room completely happy and twenty minutes later all of my energy has completely drained me and now I am what everyone else is, miserable. 

Take responsibility each moment and be true to you.  If you want to be happy, choose to be happy.  If you  want to feel sad, choose to be sad.  Just be exactly what it is true to you and what it is you want; not what everyone else wants. 



Comments

Popular Posts